Saturday, October 17, 2009

Mommy's Determination

Recently I started a running program. I had great inspiration from my sister who has lost weight and looks amazing and Alison who is in this program and who's determination has really caught my interest! I haven't missed a day since starting the program. There have been days that I just didn't want to do it, but for some reason I just can't let this go and I always find myself right where I need to be...in the gym on the treadmill or ar some park or lake on a walking trail. I really think I thought to be a runner would be glamorous...you know, if I could only run...I would be tall, skinny, running in my short shorts or tight tights with my long blond ponytail bopping back and forth with my every stride! Boy was I wrong...in fact all the people I see in the gym now or on a trail are all red faced and huffing and puffing...nope...it's not so glamorous. But...it is so rewarding! You can't imagine how proud I am of myself everytime I complete a run! Especially the first time I went with Alison and by some miracle was able to run uphill, every second required, never missing a beat! There is a great sense of accomplishment that comes with my "running training" not to mention the great workout! My goal is a 5k in June of 2010 that I will be running alongside of Alison who has so patiently worked with me and encouraged me daily! Hopefully Christy will come run along side us too, so I have both my inspirations to cross the finish line with.

So...today I decided to take the girls with me on their first "run." Keith rode the bike and pulled them along behind at Lake Lynn. We had a wondeful time! Everyone loved it. It made me and Keith realize this is the kind of family time we should have, outside, enjoying nature, being active...teaching our kids a healthy lifestyle and the beauty of God's creation. Not to mention this was an awesome way to spend our Saturday morning and it was totally FREE!

Enjoy the pictures that I had to stop and take along the way!


Sisterly love!
Posing for Mommy, holding hands on one of the many gorgeous bridges you cross along the 2 mile trail.

And...we let the girls play for a while at the end!


Daddy and his Baby Girls! (we had stopped to see a turtle!)


Sweet, Sweet Kay




And Sweet, Sweet Addi

She was trying to put her hat back on...it was a little chilly and a little windy.


Jumping Bean!

And this is my favorite! I love this pic!

Keith created this to ride along side me! The girls love it, Keith enjoys it and it allows me to get moving!


Just a few of the many, many ducks we saw! We will be feeding these next time. We plan to go out to Lake Lynn at least once a week to watch the leaves change through the fall.

So pretty! I love this place. This makes running much more enjoyable! See, you would be addicted too with such scenery!



One of the turtles we saw!

The leaves are just barely beginning to change.

Hope you enjoyed!

1 comment:

InnocentAli said...

Soooo cute, Charity! Take this week to renew your zeal and enjoyment of running! Just getting out there sometime this week to do a run or 2 will make you feel fantastic, I promise!

Love you!!