Sunday, April 20, 2008

Shoes are a girl's best friend, or maybe not!


The twins have never worn shoes. Mainly no shoes were small enough to fit them in the beginning, then they would only take them off. So I decided and told Keith we really needed to introduce them to shoes or they may run around barefoot their entire life. We have many shoes that have been (thankfully) passed down from friends, but of course Mom wanted cute, matching, summer (inexpensive, in case this was not success) shoes. So...me and the girls went shopping yesterday of course to Target and bought their first shoes...or the first ones we actually plan on wearing. It was rather cute! They looked at me and Keith as if we had traumatized their beautiful little feet and toes! Then they sat starring at their feet for a few minutes. Finally, they started touching the shoes still wondering why we were being so vicious with these things we put on their feet! Kayla managed to get her toes freed successfully and Addison being the tiny little thing she is got her entire feet free in a matter of seconds. Alison, who sits in front of us at church each Sunday, assured me that I had not wasted my money; I had just bought new teething devices!

No comments: